Voters passed a bond measure in 2018 to fund improvements across the entire district, including at Chapman Hill Elementary School. Bond funding will provide more than $5 million in renovations at Chapman Hill.
Highlights of the work planned at Chapman Hill include:
• Repurpose current library into a cafeteria and kitchen
• Repurpose underutilized classrooms into a new library
• Intercom system upgrades
• Heating/ventilation system improvements
• Expanded wireless capacity
• Security improvements to increase visibility of main entry from the office
The district’s project management team is currently working with AC + Co Architects to finalize the drawings that construction contractors will use to complete the improvements.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2022 and is expected to be complete early in the fall of 2022.
For more information about bond-funded construction projects in Salem-Keizer Public Schools, please visit the Bond Projects home page.
Thank you, voters!